Friday, March 25, 2011

In-credible India!


Demanding National Holiday on Wed- 30th March for IND vs PAK match! Is a group on Face book formed after the super amazing victory of “Incredible India” over Australia. A request for the same sent by my good friend
Akil Kartik . My immediate reaction to this was “You can’t be serious”. I chose to ignore the request anyway. My wall on Facebook is flooded with “Who will win the semi-final?” India is currently dominating this pole with a great margin. Couldn't help but notice that the numbers kept increasing with every minute passing. There is a rush about the situation (Off course I know it is IND vs PAK. I also know that we have been waiting for to kick the unbeaten champions (AUS) for nearly 11 years now).

There is something about this country. Some power which goes unnoticed all the time. I somehow today very strongly feel that we are not a “developing nation” anymore. It is just that we are LAZY not to put the power we have to use. I really hope that someday the same kind of enthusiasm is expressed during ELECTIONS, such kind of talking happens about “Leaders of India” on platforms like Facebook etc. (Sure we talk about politics when we are facing issues, eg:- Telegana ) The irony is that “the yo

uth” believes in things like vastu and what not during a cricket match. (Sitting in the same pl

ace for hours, getting an acidity attack etc…) How do you comprehend these things? The

high that you get while watching a cricket match is just un- match -able with anything under the sun, totally agree!!

I finally managed to catch quite a bit of the IND vs AUS match on the 24.mar.11. This was my first match in the world cup, being from family of cricket enthusiasts. Surely I wanted India to win with all my heart. But then life goes on after a while!! I believe that right now at this point for me I just can’t stop and ask where all this enthusiasm goes when it is the most needed? What happens to us when we are still called the developing nation still after 60 b***** years of Independence? Oh yes…how I can forget, nobody cares!!Sure-fair enough!!

India will soon be nation with more than half the population less than 25 years!! I don’t see a lot changing with this “I don’t care” attitude. Least you can do is to VOTE for your government. We are so privileged to be in a democratic economy today unlike the Egyptians. We surely don’t know the importance of this. The youth of India has a power to make it or break it, just like anything else. Not too late to do your bit for this country, so that you can proudly say “Incredible India”. But for now let’s get the Pakistanis for life!!!

Jai hind!


2 comments:

  1. we are not lazy .... its just that, we give importance to individuals not the whole country as one. we are selfish thats it. take the yellow people for eg. i mean the chinese korean japanese they have country above themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb Article SIRI ..I dint know my page could ignite you to write a wonderful article like this too..I am totally in sync with you for this post ..Thumbs up !! :) ..I dont know about others in general but i am this worried even about showing interest politicians or general issues . And yes these energies need to be conditioned for better purposes than things which only give yopu pleasure.Yes the youth of tody needs to work for development,removing discrepencies in our systems ,showing love towards thr country through actions of reforming it to be better !!.... I LOVE THIS ARTICLE .. Am posting it on the page's wall...
    .
    .
    But lol pls dont be too critical for my page....I created it because I was overwhelmed by so much of eagerly waiting enthusiasts for a cricket match which people feel is pride n vendetta !! Even i am waiting - so as a process of getting all like minds for a particular issue(though might be small) I did it !! :)

    ReplyDelete